Fairfield County Job Market Softens for June
14% Decrease in Posting Volume Supports Ongoing Up and Down Trend
Norwalk, CT. [July 8, 2013] It is with great pleasure that FairfieldCountyJobs.com (www.FairfieldCountyJobs.com) announces their Fairfield County Job Market report for June 2013. The report tracks the overall activity on FairfieldCountyJobs.com, the area’s leading regional job board.
Report highlights for June 2013:
- Job Postings for May were down a fairly steep 14% over May 2013.
- Positions in Administration, Accounting, and Sales were the most posted job titles.
- The Industries of Healthcare, Finance and Non-Profit accounted for the highest volume of postings this month.
- While the above titles and industries showed the highest volume of postings, no real dominant market player in terms of industry or position type has emerged.
- Greenwich, Westport and Stamford were the hot markets for the month, followed by Norwalk.
- The trend in Fairfield County is consistent with the figures the state has issued, as well as several reports on the state of the national job market.
David Lewis, CEO of AllCountyJobs.com, which includes FairfieldCountyJobs.com, commented, “The June numbers suggest that the regional market is still very shaky.” Lewis added, “The recent news that the primary penalty components of the Affordable Care Act have been delayed until 1/1/15, which effectively removes some artificial restriction on hiring, should have a positive impact on the county job market.”
Founded in 1999, FairfieldCountyJobs.com is the area’s leading regional job board, with over 100,000 unique visitors clicking through up to 500,000 times per month to view details on open jobs in the area. FairfieldCountyJobs.com is also home to a resume database with over 40,000 resumes from area job seekers, allowing employers to source candidates directly on its website. Parent company AllCountyJobs.com is a network of local & industry-specific online job boards covering the Northeast US Corridor. AllCountyJobs.com is located at 535 Connecticut Avenue, Second Floor, Norwalk, CT 06854 and David can be reached at (203) 322-0538 or dlewis@AllCountyJobs.com.