Consumer Insights Professional
Join a dynamic Consumer Insights Team to help lead a product agenda for PepsiCo's North America Beverages business, headquartered in White Plains, NY. As a Consumer Insights professional within PepsiCo, you must demonstrate the ability to become a trusted adviser and thought leader to business. You should be experienced in enrolling and engaging leaders in best practices for unlocking consumer and marketplace insight and trends to build powerful brands, sustainable innovation and strong business performance. You must be collaborative and able to work cross-functionally to contribute to the development of multi-year brand and portfolio growth strategies. You should be experienced in consumer and consumption insights and application and/or have transferable experience (e.g., shopper/path to purchase insights, innovation/design insights, agency account planning, etc.). You should be generally familiar with the fundamental Insight and research methodologies, tools and techniques and understand the proper application and interpretation of such techniques. You should also have experience assessing the latest macro cultural trends as well as specific food/snack/beverage trends and demonstrated ability to apply trends appropriately to business and strategy solutions. Successful hires will passionately seize a role of influence within the Brand Marketing team and seek to drive more efficient and effective decision making through his/her team's work and a genuine curiosity towards the business and full commercial system.
- Drive long term, consumer based strategic recommendations for the business by designing comprehensive research agendas:
- Design research plans against business objectives, timelines and budget for brand(s) assigned with input from the Director
- Support the commercial teams in identification and development of business priorities, providing insights and perspectives in the development of business strategy
- Present learning and insights as a basis for strategic decision making. Provides the relevant teams with the insights required to develop strategies and annual operating plans across the marketing mix (brand, promotions, packs, distribution channels, consumer targets etc)
- Participate in the development and management of the custom research budget. Monitor research spending for brand Pepsi.
- Manage supplier selection, activity and work flow to ensure cost efficient, accurate, and timely completion of projects.
- Through partnering with the Advanced Analytics team, leverage syndicated data sources (i.e. IRI scanner and panel data, etc.) to help monitor and diagnose the brand/category and address business issues and information needs.
- Partner with cross-functional teams and Global counterparts on innovation and communication initiatives.
- Minimum 8 years in a strategic insights or marketing role; 5+ years in CPG company preferred
- Bachelor's Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
- Mastery of both Qualitative and Quantitative research methodologies and must possess the ability to apply insights to address business challenges.
- Familiarity with syndicated data sources and analytical approaches such as IRI, marketing mix analysis, etc., and must be able to apply these to think holistically about the business
- Must be comfortable operating in a highly matrixed organization and be able to navigate and manage competing agendas and priorities
- Must be able to work independently in sometimes ambiguous situations
- Must demonstrate a can-do attitude and be able to easily flex in the face of changing priorities
- Proven collaboration abilities, strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Strong analytical and creative thinking abilities
- Exceptional communicator (verbally and written) - ability to tell a story, synthesize and convey key messages and present in a visual and compelling way
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Strong commercialization skills/experience preferred
In recognition of its continued sustainability efforts, PepsiCo was named for the sixth time to the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI World) and for the seventh time to the Dow Jones Sustainability North America Index (DJSI North America) in 2012.