Senior Metallurgical Engineer
We're OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,400 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs. Our client, Sigmund Cohn, is a 100-year old family-owned business and they are looking for Senior Metallurgical Engineer to join their team. This full-time position is in Mount Vernon, New York.
Join the team and benefit from a culture of excellence, including:
- Great benefits package.
- Work-Life balance.
- A diversified portfolio of customers in multiple industries, such as: aerospace, medical and industrial.
The Senior Metallurgical Engineer will be a key member of the technical team within a precision manufacturing environment. This position will add value to the manufacturing operations within the materials science and metallurgy discipline, as well as quality assurance.
In this multi-faceted role, you will work in research, practical applications with customers and continuous process improvement. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate material related failure & root cause analysis, rework procedures, and corrective action implementations with Quality Assurance / Quality Control and Manufacturing groups.
- Conduct and support analyses including SEM, XRF and ICP.
- Participate in the development, implementation, monitoring and control of manufacturing and quality. procedures in a precision manufacturing environment.
- Interface with customers and internal departments to ensure that orders are prepared per specifications.
- Assist in metal melting and forming process development and troubleshooting.
- Review, interpret and implement customers' purchase orders, drawings and specifications.
- Coordinate with Purchasing and Engineering on applicable material requirement.
- Generate technical reports highlighting quality trends.
- Provide metallurgical/technical support to customers.
Qualifications for Success
- Master's degree in Materials Science Engineering or Metallurgical Engineering
- Experience working with non-ferrous metals, melting, forging, rolling is ideal.
- Five (5) + years related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with SEM, XRF and ICP machines and analyses.
- Strong understanding of quality control (ISO9001:2015) & management principles.
- Expert in all Microsoft Office Applications, especially Microsoft Excel.
- Wire drawing experience is a plus.