Construction Project Manager
The firm is a growing Construction and Real Estate Development Firm based in Armonk, NY.
This position will maintain overall responsibility for one or more large multifamily construction and/or renovation projects, as well as various pre-construction and estimating activities. This position will report directly to the firm's principals.
- Primary responsibility for management of mid-large multifamily construction and development projects
- Primary financial responsibility for each project
- Perform various pre-construction activities including design review, value-engineering, budgeting, and generating subcontractor / vendor interest
- Coordinate and oversee project design team and other consultants
- Assist with permitting and approvals process
- Prepare and update project schedules
- Obtain and analyze subcontractor bids
- Negotiate with subcontractors with regard to price, scope, schedule, etc.
- Prepare subcontracts and final scopes of work
- Negotiate subcontractor and owner change orders, as necessary
- Coordinate and run project meetings and prepare meeting minutes
- Arrange for third party inspections and building department inspections
- Oversee quality control, in coordination with superintendent and field staff
- Manage the submittal, shop drawing, and RFI process
- Strictly enforces all safety regulations and laws
- Review, modify and approve owner and trade applications for payment
- Coordinate and enforce all green building requirements such as Enterprise Green Communities, Energy Star, or NYSERDA programs
- Oversee the punch-list and project close-out process
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BS Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline, preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant project management experience; multifamily construction experience preferred
- Excellent MS Office and Outlook skills required. Prolog experience preferred
- Advanced understanding of design documents and building systems required
- Ability to proactively identify and mitigate project risks
- OSHA or NYC Safety training preferred
- Occasional travel as required. Most projects are in NYC or Westchester County.
We are seeking a motivated, results-driven, team player to join our small but growing Westchester-based team. Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Benefits are available.
**All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, disability or marital status.