Assume responsibility, under the direction of the Assistant Director and in conjunction with the Social Worker for the general administrative duties of all Residential Specialist on assigned shift.
Essential Job Functions (listing most important first)
- Coordinate the activities of the shift and assign tasks accordingly.
- Provide group and individual supervision.
- Supervise the functions and activities of the Residential Specialist.
- Monitor the delivery of services to residents.
- Prepare schedule to insure adequate facility coverage.
- Participate in the coordination of staff training.
- Attend training sessions and scheduled meetings.
- Provide crisis counseling, as needed.
- Function independently in times of facility coverage including responsibility for appropriate action in crisis situations per agency procedure.
- Prepare casework documentation and written reports per agency requirements.
- Perform responsibilities of a Residential Specialist, when necessary.
- Participate in training seminars conducted to enhance and develop one’s skills
- Attend monthly staff meetings.
- Must be able to carry a case load in an emergency.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Assistant Director.
- A Baccalaureate Degree in Social Work or related field.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience preferred, working with victims of domestic violence.
- Demonstrated sensitivity and experience with and/or knowledge of domestic violence within and against disenfranchised communities including individuals whom identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and/or HIV-affected, the elderly and individuals with mental health issues.
- Must possess sensitivity to issues affecting battered women.
- Must be computer literate and must have knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent written and verbal skills are required.
- Must have ability to be flexible with schedule as needed
Indoors; disease or infections; hearing; talking; walking; lifting; sitting; using hands on objects, tools or controls. Frequently lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Other job characteristics need to be exact or accurate; repeat same task.
Limitations and Disclaimer
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
Some job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with regulatory laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.