Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) - Mt. Kisco Internal Medicine
Currently, CareMount Medical is looking to hire a NYS LPN for our Internal Medicine department. This is a full-time position located at our busy Mount Kisco medical office location. We provide competitive pay, excellent benefits, tuition reimbursement and growth opportunities.
Position Overview: Following a physician established plan of treatment and working under the supervision of the Registered Nurse, the Licensed Practical Nurses instruct patients and their families in proper treatment, help individuals and groups take steps to improve or maintain health. The LPN will record symptoms and/or reactions and progress in patients, administer medications and assist in treatment in accordance with the Physician established plan of treatment.
• Responsible for interviewing patients, obtaining vital signs, preparing patients and assisting physicians with patient exams and treatment.
• Charting and clerical work as necessary to oversee phone prescriptions and refills to pharmacies.
• Perform triage with patient phone calls to identify priority and secondary situations.
• Perform injections and specific infusions under the direction of the physician and supervising Registered Nurse.
• Responsibility for all direct patient care activities as indicated by the Registered Nurse within the guidelines of the organization's policies and procedures.
• Give direct patient care according to the treatment plan and individual patient needs as directed be the Physician or Registered Nurse.
• Provide appropriate information to assist the Registered Nurse in the preparation and maintenance of an effective patient care plan.
• Record the patient's official record a detailed report of care given which reflects the treatment plan and specific aspects of the patient care plan.
• Restate instructions given to the patient by the Physician and Registered Nurse and refers any additional or new need for instruction to the Registered Nurse.
• May administer prescribe medications to patients under the specific policies and procedures.
• Perform selected prescribe treatment and nursing measures for the patient under specific guidelines.
• Notify the Registered Nurse of significant findings or changes in the patient's physical or mental conditions.
• Ask questions when in doubt for clarification by the Registered Nurse.
• Interact effectively with other members of the medical staff.
• Insure privacy for patient and confidentiality of condition and personal information.
• Prepare and recording clinical notes for the clinical records.
• Other duties as may be assigned.
• Follow up Skills
• Customer Service
• Information presentation
• Organizational Skills
• Communication Skills
• Time Management
• Current New York State LPN License.
• Associates degree in Nursing or graduated from an accredited LPN program.
• Maintain CPR/First Aid/AED certification.
• One year of experience in a medical office or clinical setting highly desirable.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Commitment to providing the highest quality of care.
• Ability to interact with patients and their families in a professional manner.
• Ability to work as a member of the care team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of medical records.
• Basic computer skills (ability to navigate the computer, internet and keyboarding skills).
• Experience and proficiency in electronic medical records.
• Team player who will always step in to offer support.
• Enthusiasm, drive and reliability.
• Responsive and proactive approach to problem solving.
• Positive attitude and enthusiasm.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
• Requires a full range of body motion including moving and lifting patients, manual and finger dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
• Requires sitting and/or standing for extended periods of time.
• Occasionally exerts up to 100 pounds of force, such as assisting patients in arising from the exam table, pushing patients in wheelchairs, or assisting into/out of wheelchairs.
• Required corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
• May require occasional lifting and carrying office supplies weighing up to 30 pounds.
• May require frequent exposure to communicable diseases and body fluids, toxic substances, medicinal preparations and other substances and conditions common to a medical office environment.
• May require use of computer keyboard for brief periods of time throughout the work day.
• May require use of autoclave for instrument sterilization.
• Requires working under stressful conditions and may require working irregular hours.
Core customers and key relationships
• Patients Families and Friends
• Physicians and Other Medical Staff
• External Medical Partners
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. CareMount is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/DisabilityCompany Description CareMount Medical, P.C. is the largest independent multispecialty medical group in New York State, providing comprehensive medical care of the highest quality to over 550,000 patients in 43 locations throughout Westchester, Putnam, Dutchess, Columbia, and Ulster counties. Founded in 1946 as Mount Kisco Medical Group, CareMount has grown to over 525 physicians and advanced practice professionals representing 40 different medical specialties. CareMount is affiliated with world-class organizations including the Massachusetts General Hospital, Mount Sinai Health System, and Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. CareMount offers on-site laboratory and radiology services, endoscopy and infusion suites and operates seven urgent-care centers. Our physicians are frequently recognized as best doctors in respected publications and have been featured in lists including New York Magazine's "Best Doctors", Westchester and Hudson Valley Magazine's "Top Doctors" as well as in Castle Connolly Medical's "Top Doctors". For additional information about CareMount Medical and its specialties, please visit: .
The group has always maintained a firm commitment to each of our patients...to provide high quality medical and surgical care in a warm, friendly setting, and in a caring manner. Each and every member of our professional and support staff is dedicated to this ideal - physicians, nurses, technicians and support personnel.