Industrial Engineer (Lean Certification Company Sponsorship)
The Industrial Engineer will be a key member of the Plant Management team. A person that is able to facilitate and drive change in a fast paced and "ever changing" environment leveraging his/her strong interpersonal, collaborative and professional skills. This high influence position will interface with all associate levels and various functions/departments throughout the site. The incumbent will have opportunities to enhance methods and controls to streamline manufacturing processes.
This role is based at the Cortland, New York manufacturing facility.
We will sponser Lean Certification!
- Participate in daily tiered meetings on the production floor to drive daily improvement
- Use performance/OEE metrics and downtime data to identify improvement opportunities
- Plan and execute changeover and run time improvements through the use of Lean Techniques
- Plan and execute plant layout, process flow, and machine capability improvements
- Work with product development and project engineers to provide input for manufacturing specifications and requirements. Ensure that the design and documentation of new processes are complete prior to manufacturing start-up.
- Facilitate and execute kaizen events through all stages (charter identification/creation, pre-work, identification and completion, delivery of results during the kaizen week, regular follow up and follow through on sustainment).
- Promote and facilitate associate development in various lean tools (5S, quick changeover, TPM/autonomous maintenance, kanban, poka-yoke, standardized work, etc.)
- Participate in cross-facility initiatives to determine company-wide best practices and improvement of business processes.
- Other duties/tasks as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering or related discipline from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 4-5 years or more of engineering experience in a consumer packaged goods or similar manufacturing environment
- Track record of driving continuous improvements through sustainable processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and experience organizing and facilitating formal Kaizen Events.
- Experience utilizing AutoCAD or similar design software
- Extensive knowledge of MicroSoft Office applications including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Visio.
- Project management experience and a record of success
- Packaging process knowledge a definite plus
KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales; KCP (operating as KIK Custom Products) is one of North America's largest custom manufacturers of both National Brand and Retailer Brand consumer products. KCP's product lines include Laundry, Household Cleaners, OTC Medicated, Pharmaceutical and Health & Beauty Care, all supported by KCP's in-house technical expertise and value-added services.
KIK Consumer Brands - Pool Division
KIK's Pool Additives Division ("Pool") is a leading player in North America and key international markets with a broad brand and product portfolio spanning both the Mass and Specialty Retailer channels. We are well known for our Clorox?? Pool&SpaTM products in the North American Mass channel, our BioGuard?? brand in the North American, Australian and South Africa Specialty channel, and our Bayrol brand across Europe. Our multi-functional product formulations and innovative water testing innovations allow pool owners to safely and easily enjoy their backyard retreat.
A Career with KIK Offers:
KIK offers very competitive salary and comprehensive benefits including health, wellness, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. You can plan for your future with KIK's retirement savings options including employer match. KIK also recognizes the importance of continuing education and offers Education Assistance to our employees to encourage continued personal development and growth.
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a position with KIK Custom Products.