Payroll Services Manager
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm based in Norwalk, CT. We are pleased to have been named a Hearst Media Top Workplace for the past 5 years in a row. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,200 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs, and we now boast a staff of over 60 and growing.
We are seeking a Payroll Services Manager to join our team. The resource we are seeking will manage the Payroll Services team and provide payroll consulting services to businesses of all sizes.
OperationsInc offers a full range of payroll services including but not limited to Federal and State Tax Registrations, Multi-Jurisdictional Payrolls, Payroll Administration, Payroll Implementations, Payroll Vendor Transitions, Tax Amendments, Tax Compliance, Technology Integration, Time and Attendance Implementations and Management, W-2 Reconciliations, and Workflow and Process Design.
- Manage team of payroll consultants, reviewing workload, schedules, performance, and serving as escalation point for team.
- Mentor junior payroll support team, leading and directing various projects and HR functions.
- Review and audit tax returns and W-2’s.
- Keep team updated on new tax laws.
- Create custom reports as needed for clients.
- Research and respond to tax notices.
- Assist in implementations of new products for clients.
- On-board new clients.
- Conduct internal client quality checks reviewing OI support and identifying areas of concern and improvement.
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing people.
- Experience with ADP / Workforce Now.
- Experience handling a payroll for over 500+ employees.
- Implementation and project management experience.
- Excellent communication and Excel skills.
- Experience with multi-state payrolls and companies in the Financial Services industries a plus
- Attention to detail, demonstrated ability to multi-task and balance multiple projects / payrolls at once, comfort with numbers, problem solving ability and the ability to operate in a highly confidential setting.
OperationsInc offers a wide range of progressive benefits for our employees that include a flexible work environment, casual dress policy, company supplied and supplemented food and beverages, courtesy shuttle to train station, and a great range of employee benefits including Medical, Dental, Life, 401k and others, many of which are made available to part-time employees. You can find more about our company culture, including an informative video, at www.OperationsInc.com.
Interested candidates should provide a resume and cover letter, indicating compensation history and hourly requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTE - Submissions that do not include compensation history and requirements will not be considered.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
We are an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V