We’re OperationsInc, a human resources consulting firm located in Norwalk, CT. A client of ours, Direct Wines, Inc. (www.directwinesinc.com) a dynamic Marketing Company that works with licensed wine retailers throughout the U.S, is seeking an Assistant Controller to add to their organization. We have been retained to assist them in their efforts to secure the most qualified candidate.
Candidate will develop this new role in conjunction with the Controller. A hands on approach will be required to be successful. While the role will be primarily respotnsible for assisting the Controller, there is a strong emphasis on direct and indirect taxes.
This role would suit an accountant who is ready to take the next step in their career path and gain exposure to a challenging environment.
- Ensure all direct taxation compliance is executed in a coordinated and carefully planned manner with clear communication to relevant managers and working closely with external tax advisors
- Develop a dedicated indirect tax function to include sales and excise tax filings and payments
- Manage AP team to ensure timely invoice processing and payments, including year-end 1099’s and credit applications, while maintaining a high control environment
- Implement thorough control processes to ensure appropriate tax information is captured efficiently, through process improvement and system development
- Manage the taxation general ledger accounts and provisions. Ensure the documentation and record keeping of key paperwork is up to date and P&L and balance sheet is accurate.
- Involvement in the year end closing and external audit process
- Assist Controller in establishing key tax questions businesses should include in business decisions
- Manage ad hoc projects as they arise, which could involve IT Systems upgrade, tax planning initiatives and transitioning banking relationships
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Good leadership in order to mentor supporting staff
- Able and willing to work well with people across the businesses and offices. Limited periodic travel may be required.
- Able to work independently while maintaining good team work
- Comfortable doing routine work in combination with the more analytical and research side of this role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience in an established Accounting department.
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
Qualified candidates can respond to this ad via this service. Please provide us with a cover letter and resume, indicating the position for which you are applying + your compensation history/requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V