Growing Commodities Firm in Tarrytown, NY seeks an experienced Senior Accountant to join their entrepreneurial environment. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for maintaining all financial and accounting processes for two business units.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with the executive management team to drive the business forward.
- Coordinate, review and drive the financial performance and results of each operation .
- Manage financial accounting activities weekly and monthly in a hands-on way, including basic journal entries, transaction processing, and account reconciliations.
- Prepare financial reports
- Review and audit financial transactions and reconciles financial discrepancies.
- Lead and advise on financial and commercial decisions, and consult with the Regional Financial Controller.
- Budgeting and forecasting
- Capital investment appraisals/monitoring, project management and treasury management.
To be considered Candidates should have
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience in an international controlling environment.
- A degree in accounting, finance, economics or business administration. A professional accounting qualification and/or MBA highly desirable.
- Candidate must possess a 'hands on' highly visible management style.
- Strong Excel skills are essential.
- Must be able to work independently in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Company offers a work life balance and competitive employment package.
Randstad is a $22.5 billion global provider of HR services and the second largest staffing organization in the world. From temporary staffing to permanent placement to in-house, professionals, search & selection, and HR Solutions, Randstad holds top positions around the world and has approximately 31,100 corporate employees working from its nearly 4,700 branches and in-house locations in 40 countries.
We are a company built on a deep network of expertise that crosses industries and geographies. We recognize that talent comes in different forms, that every business has its unique challenges and opportunities. And our recruiting experts are skilled at marrying talent and business-identifying the ideal professionals for an organization's culture and its teams, its needs and its goals.