Event Marketing Manager
We’re OperationsInc, a Human Resources Outsourcing and Consulting firm. Since 2001, OperationsInc has been supporting a base of over 1,500 clients with their diverse and evolving HR needs.
Our client, Laerdal, is a provider of medical simulation devices, training and educational solutions. They are currently seeking an Event Marketing Manager for their Wappingers Falls, NY office.
The Marketing Manager - Events will play a pivotal role in driving customer and prospect engagement through a variety of Laerdal educational events and trade shows. This individual will report to the Director of Marketing - Americas and will be responsible for developing the event marketing strategy and execution in partnership with key stakeholders across the firm.
The position requires a strategic marketer with a proven track-record of successful event marketing, including driving event registration, attendance and post event engagement. The ideal candidate will be a hyper-organized individual who has a combination of strategic, analytical and executional skills and thrives in a fast-paced, results-oriented, collaborative environment.
This role is focused on understanding and engaging with our staff and clients – working to find additional ways to engage and add value to our clients – and includes elements of creativity, project delivery and innovation. Along with event management, other facets of the role include contributions for social media related to events, key message and collateral management, internal communications, and oversight of appropriate event driven digital/web content work.
The Events Marketing Manager is responsible for planning, administration, and logistics for marketing and sales events for the US and Canada regions from ideation to on-site managements and post-event analysis.
- Supervisory responsibility for event team members
- Manage the successful presence of Laerdal at key industry events and trade shows
- Co-manage and plan event communications including invitations, social media, and internal and external emails with Product Marketing Managers
- Ensure brand alignment and presence at all events
- Define clear goals and KPI’s for each event and direct reports
- Collaborate with all supporting marketing teams (Product, creative and content marketing)
- Support L. America and Canada leaders with events related research, process, content creation, purchase orders required for regional marketing events
- Oversee all aspects of events including event timelines, vendor management, logistics, production, shipments etc.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to determine event goals and strategy
- Provide creative input and work closely with the creative and product marketing management teams on all event marketing collateral
- Negotiate with vendors and work with on-site A/V, vendors, caterers, venues, site management
- Report on event feedback and provide post-show reporting
- Be hands on with all aspects of event preparations and logistics
- Proactively incorporate best practices, creative and fresh thinking to enhance our branded experiences
- Ability to balance the execution of short term tactical projects with long-term planning and strategy development
- Outstanding project management skills
- Strong problem solving, negotiation, and interpersonal skills; Organized and detail-oriented
- A proven ability to communicate effectively across an organization: Sales, Marketing, Vendors, Technical Subject Matter Experts, Product Management, and across business verticals
- The ability to manage workloads, prioritize requests to meet deadlines and identify points of escalation
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 years marketing experience – event experience highly recommended
- Extremely detail oriented with exceptional project management skills and a proven ability to work effectively under tight deadlines
- Highly quantitative strategic thinker who can collaborate with a diverse set of stakeholders and a proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Strong written, oral communication and presentation skills with diplomacy as necessary to guide, influence and convince others even in situations without formal authority
- Independent self-starter who can prioritize and drive deliverables to execution with minimal supervision
- Up to 40% Travel required
Have we described a role that you have been seeking, along with a set of skills that you possess? If so we’d like to hear from you immediately.
Our client is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/H/V