- Job Board
Position: Financial Analyst
Location: Port Chester, NY
Position Reports to: Director of Financial Planning and Analysis
ABOUT THE SHADE STORE®
We're a 70-year family business that prides itself on delivering a world-class customer experience and product. We’ve revolutionized the custom window treatment industry by simplifying and stylizing a traditionally complicated and expensive purchase. We’re growing quickly and expanding aggressively: 50+ showrooms across the country, a state-of-the-art e-commerce website and a beautiful yearly catalog. But with all this exciting growth, our core values and principles have not changed. We still handcraft every product right here in the USA and we still treat each and every customer with the greatest appreciation and professionalism. These are our guiding principles and the backbone of our company – they will always remain true.
WHY WORK AT THE SHADE STORE®
We set out to create a company culture that is enjoyable, rewarding, and where there is continuous upward mobility and growth opportunity. If you work hard, give the company your all, use good judgment, and have a positive attitude – then the sky’s the limit. In return, there are numerous perks and benefits including:
- Full time highly competitive salary
- Monthly monetary incentive programs based on performance
- Cover 80% of health insurance premiums for each employee
- 401k Available and we match up to 4% of your contributions
- $100k Life Insurance & STD Coverage provided at no charge
- Partake in many charities and local events
- And many more…..
THE POSITION: Financial Analyst
The Financial Analyst is an integral member of The Shade Store finance team that is responsible for providing meaningful insight and analysis across the organization. S/he will report directly to the Director of Financial Planning and Analysis. Given the size of our organization, this role provides a unique opportunity with respect to exposure to key processes and business leadership. This position is based out of our national headquarters in Port Chester, NY (bordering Westchester and Fairfield counties).
- Lead preparation of weekly, monthly and quarterly financial and operational reports and distribute to key stakeholders
- Develop a thorough understanding of company key performance indicators (KPI’s), monitor performance and highlight trends
- Cultivate cross-functional relationships to help learn the business and promote financial accountability across the organization
- Assist in the preparation of Board of Directors materials
- Support of company budgeting and forecasting processes
- Complete ad-hoc reporting and analyses as needed
- Drive continuous improvement across all responsibilities
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience working as a financial or business analyst
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advanced MS Excel skills (Logical formulas, Lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Proven ability to synthesize analysis of large data sets into impactful summaries
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
If you're looking to be part of a growing family of enthusiastic and hard-working individuals, we'd love to hear from you!
ABOUT US: The Shade Store is the evolution and culmination of over 60 years of experience in the custom window treatment industry. With an emphasis on couture quality, impeccable style, fabulous selection, and affordable prices, our products have long resonated with discerning homeowners and design professionals. Visit us at www.theshadestore.com to learn more about our products, our showrooms and our brand.
Apply for Financial Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly