Coordinator, Sustainer Giving
The Coordinator, Sustainer Giving will play a vital role in the rapid growth of Save the Children’s sustainer giving program. Reporting to the Associate Director, Sustainer Giving, s/he will assist with the campaign operations for several key donor acquisition channels, including but not limited to DRTV, Direct Response Radio, and Digital.
Essential Duties, Responsibilities and Impact
Accountable for day to day decisions around execution of job, and for setting clear objectives and measures for self. Requires little or no supervision on routine work assignments, but may require supervision to review work progress and results on non-routine work assignments. Keeps manager informed of important issues. Builds effective relationships within their immediate or peer workgroup.
Campaign Management & Operations (65%)
• Responsible for day-to-day implementation and execution of donor acquisition campaigns, including coordination of campaign assets and operational setup of all new campaign initiatives; coordinate with internal support teams as necessary (Marketing, IT, Gift Processing, etc.)
• Work with internal support teams and external marketing vendors to ensure efficient and accurate execution of campaigns
• Act as primary point of contact for operational inquiries and requests; liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ensure that campaigns are tracked and measured accurately
• Monitor pre-established operational processes and identify areas for improvement
• Participate in campaign status meetings with internal and external stakeholders
Program Analysis and Evaluation (10%)
• Assist Associate Director with timely and accurate campaign reports
• Utilize proficient knowledge of Excel to assist Associate Director with manipulation and analysis data
• Assist Associate Director with tracking of expense and revenue budgets
• Code, submit and track invoices ensuring timely and accurate payment
Emergency Fundraising (10%)
• Assist Associate Director and Director with implementation and execution of emergency response campaigns on DRTV and Direct Response Radio
• May be expected to work after hours or on weekends to support a high-priority emergency response
Other Projects as Assigned (5%)
• Support Associate Director, Director and Senior Director on other projects, as needed
Required Background and Experience:
• High school Diploma required; Bachelors preferred
• 2-3 years business experience preferred, preferably in a marketing environment
• Non-profit experience a plus
Skills and Behaviors
• Experienced user of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint); Strong Excel proficiency
• Knowledge and previous use of donor databases preferred
• Analytical skills required
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Ability to work under pressure on a number of competing tasks
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world's most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children's lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. As a humanitarian agency, Save the Children is obliged to create and maintain an environment that aims to prevent the sexual exploitation and abuse of children and promote the implementation of its child safeguarding policy. All representatives of Save the Children – employees, volunteers, interns, consultants, Board members and others who work with children on Save the Children’s behalf – are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation.
Save the Children provides an attractive benefits package including competitive salaries, a matching retirement plan, health and welfare benefits, life insurance, an employee assistance program, generous time off and much more. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.